A plumber installs and repairs pipes that supply water and gas to, as well as carry waste away from, homes and businesses. They also install plumbing fixtures such as bathtubs, showers, sinks, toilets and appliances.
What Qualifications do Plumbers Need in South Africa?
- National Certificate (Vocational) in Building and Construction: Plumbing. N4
- Attain artisan status by successfully completing a trade test, after the prescribed work-based (on-site) experience accredited by the Construction Education and Training Authority (CETA).
Skills required for this occupation
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and conversion of measurements
- Must always be punctual.
Course Overview (N1-N3 CIVIL QUALIFICATION)
- Building Science
- Building Drawing
Optional Trade Subjects
- Bricklayers Theory
- Plumbers Theory
- WoodWorkers Theory
- Carpentry and Joinery Theory
- Civil Technology
Students must pass 3 compulsory subjects and one optional to qualify for a certificate.
OCCUPATIONAL CERTIFICATE: PLUMBER NQF LEVEL 4
The purpose of this qualification is to prepare learners to operate as a plumber(general). The plumber installs maintains, tests and repairs hot and cold water supply systems, drainage, sewerage and rain water as a registered plumber